© David Malosh
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
A recipe from Mario Batali, from the 2007 Classic in Aspen.
Mario Batali: Ricotta Frittata
More Brunch Recipes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon marjoram leaves
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup fresh sheep-milk ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup spicy tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Coat the bottom of a 12- to 14-inch cast-iron skillet with the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the onion and marjoram and cook over moderate heat until the onion is translucent and very aromatic, about 7 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the ricotta and Parmigiano-Reggiano and season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and stir to incorporate the onion. Cook until the eggs begin to set. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the frittata is set.
- Turn the frittata out onto a serving platter and let cool. Drizzle the frittata with olive oil and serve at room temperature, with the tomato sauce on the side.
Fresh, bright Spanish sparkling wine: NV Segura Viudas Brut Cava.