- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 jalapeños, coarsely chopped
- 1 poblano chile, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
In a heavy medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except the garlic. Cook over high heat for 4 minutes, stirring. Add the garlic and remove from the heat. Let cool to room temperature.
Pour the mixture into a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Strain the sauce through a fine strainer. Scrape it into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 week and up to 1 month. Bring to room temperature before using.