- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the baking dish
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 10 ounces bakery white bread or brioche, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (6 cups)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Generously butter a 10-by-14-inch baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream, milk, brown sugar, vanilla and lemon zest. Add the bread cubes and the fresh and dried blueberries and stir well, then mix in the melted butter. Let the bread soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Pour the bread pudding mixture into the prepared dish and bake on the upper rack of the oven for about 1 hour, until firm when pressed in the center. Let cool on a rack for about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.