Cranberry Teriyaki Glaze
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 3 cups
A recipe from Ming Tsai, from the 2007 Classic in Aspen.
Ming Tsai: Favorite Kitchen Tool
Plus: Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering. Add the dried cranberries, onion and ginger and cook over high heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the cranberry juice, soy sauce, sugar, orange zest and juice and simmer over low heat until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer half of the cranberry mixture to a blender and puree. With the machine on, add 2 tablespoons of the oil and puree until the glaze is smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with the remaining cranberry mixture and oil. Season with salt.
Make AheadThe glaze can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.