- Eighteen 4-inch fresh pasta squares
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Finely grated lemon zest, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta squares until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain the pasta and cool under cold running water. Pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnnaise with the 1/4 cup of chives and the lemon juice and season with pepper. In a medium bowl, toss the crabmeat with the peas. Fold in 1/3 cup of the chive mayonnaise.
- Place 1 pasta square on each of 6 plates. Spread a small spoonful of the chive mayonnaise on each square and top with a scant 1/4 cup of the crab salad, spreading it to the edge of the square. Repeat the layering with another pasta square, another spoonful of mayonnaise and another scant 1/4 cup of the crab salad. Top with the final pasta square and a small dollop of chive mayonnaise. Garnish with a pinch of grated lemon zest, a pinch of chives and a sprinkle of pepper and serve.
Refrigerate any leftover chive mayonnaise for later use.