- 1 pound dried fettuccine
- 6 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces sliced bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 6 large egg yolks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
How to make this recipe
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fettuccine until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, cook the pancetta and bacon over moderately high heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Add the cinnamon and cook for 10 seconds. Reduce the heat to low.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cream with the grated cheese and egg yolks and season with salt and pepper. Add the mixture to the skillet and remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the water. Add the pasta and the reserved water to the skillet and simmer gently, tossing until the pasta is coated with a thick sauce, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve the carbonara in shallow bowls, sprinkled with the chives.