Watermelon Gelatin with Spices (Gelatina de Sandia con Especias)
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 cups watermelon juice
- 3 sheets of gelatin (2 grams each)
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean
- Balsamic vinegar
- Pimentón dulce (Spanish smoked paprika)
- Star anise
- Heat 1 cup of watermelon juice. Add the gelatin to the hot watermelon juice and stir to dissolve. Add the rest of the juice and stir. Pour the gelatin mixture into 4 soup plates. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the gelatin is set.
- Garnish each plate of gelatin with a bit of each spice, placing the vanilla seeds at 12 o'clock, mint at 1 o'clock, basil at 2 o'clock, and so on.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.