Watermelon Foam with Fruit Salad (Espuma de Sandia con Macedonia de Frutas)
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 cups of watermelon juice
- 3 gelatin sheets (1 tablespoon powdered gelatin)
- 1 soda siphon
- 1 nitrous (CO2) cartridge
- 1 mango
- 1 orange
- 1 pineapple
- Sixteen 1-inch cubes of watermelon
- Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- Fisherman's Friend cough drops, crushed into a powder
- MAKE THE FRUIT SALAD Heat 1 cup of watermelon juice. Dissolve the gelatin sheets in the hot watermelon juice. Add the rest of the juice. Strain the juice and transfer to a soda siphon. Charge the siphon with the nitrous cartridge and refrigerate until chilled.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin sheets using a mandoline. Peel the orange with a knife, removing all of the bitter white pith. Cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Peel the pineapple and cut it into cubes. Toss all of the fruit with the mint. Dress with a little olive oil and salt. Arrange the fruit around the edge of each plate; spray the watermelon foam in the center of each plate. Sprinkle a bit of Fisherman's Friend powder over the foam and serve
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.