- SERVINGS: makes 2 cups
- 6 tomatillos, husked and washed
- 1/2 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the tomatillos, onion, garlic and jalapeño in a small roasting pan. Toss with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatillos are soft, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and puree until smooth. Add the vinegar, horseradish and cilantro and pulse just to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape the sauce into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.