- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons pure olive oil
- Six 6-ounce skinless tilapia fillets
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°. In a medium, heavy saucepan, melt the butter in the extra-virgin olive oil over moderate heat, stirring frequently. Add the anchovies and stir until they dissolve, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat. Stir in the orange juice, basil and lemon and orange zests. Season the sauce to taste with salt.
- Heat the pure olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over moderately high heat. Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper. Working in 2 batches, cook the fish until just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a platter. Cover with foil and keep warm in the oven while cooking the second batch of fish. Drizzle the bagna cauda over and around the fish and serve.
The bagna cauda sauce can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm before using.