© David Malosh
Shrimp Crusted Halibut with Spicy Asparagus Salad
- SERVINGS: 4
Amazing Seafood Recipes
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Four 6-ounce skinless halibut fillets
- 1 pound thin asparagus, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a food processor, puree the shrimp with the egg until smooth. Add the butter, truffle oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper and pulse until the butter is incorporated with small bits remaining.
- In a large ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the canola oil until shimmering. Season the halibut with salt and white pepper and spread each fillet with 1/4 cup of the shrimp mousse. Add the halibut to the skillet, mousse side down, and cook over moderately high heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, turn the fish over and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for about 8 minutes, until the fish is just white throughout.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot of simmering salted water, cook the asparagus over moderately high heat until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain the asparagus and rinse under cold running water; pat dry. In a medium bowl, toss the asparagus with the sambal oelek, lime juice and olive oil and season with salt and white pepper. Spoon the asparagus salad onto plates, top with the halibut and serve.
Zesty Grüner Veltliner.