- 1 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon marjoram or oregano leaves
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 salt-packed anchovy, rinsed and bones removed
- 1 tablespoon salt-packed capers, rinsed and drained
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- In a mortar, pound the herbs to a paste. (You may have to do this in batches.) Work in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, then transfer to a medium bowl. Pound the garlic with the anchovy and add to the bowl.
- Gently pound the capers until they're partially crushed and add to the bowl. Stir in the remaining olive oil, a pinch of pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Taste for balance and seasoning.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.