- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped white button mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound large shrimp (about 24), shelled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- In a large glass bowl, mix the butter with the garlic, scallions, mushrooms, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the shrimp and toss to mix well. Divide the mixture among 4 gratin dishes (or spoon it into 1 large gratin dish).
- Toss the bread crumbs with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, so they are lightly coated but still fluffy. Sprinkle the shrimp mixture with the crumbs and pour on the wine.
- About 30 minutes before serving time, set a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425°. When the oven is hot, place the gratin dishes or dish on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until the crumbs are nicely browned and the shrimp are just cooked through. Serve immediately.
Contributed By Jacques Pépin Photo Published