- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small rosemary sprig
- 1 dried chile de árbol, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked fresh lima beans, well drained
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- Heat a medium saucepan over moderate heat for 1 minute. Pour in the olive oil and turn the heat down to low. Add the rosemary sprig and the crumbled chile. When the rosemary begins to sizzle, add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute or so, then add the lima beans and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stew gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until the limas are soft, but not mushy. Drain the beans, reserving the oil. Discard the rosemary sprig and chile.
- Place the beans in a food processor and puree. With the machine on, slowly pour in some of the reserved oil and puree until smooth; you may not need all of the oil. Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.