- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved
- 1 small fennel bulb, cut into 1/3-inch slices
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 ear of corn, shucked
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/3-inch slices
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the grill. Toss the vegetables with olive oil to coat lightly, and arrange them in one layer on a hot grill. Grill the vegetables, turning occasionally, for 10 to 20 minutes, or until they are just tender. The cooking time will vary according to the vegetable. (Alternatively, grill the vegetables on a ridged grill pan, or broil them in a preheated broiler.) As the vegetables are done, transfer them to a platter to cool; when they are cool enough to be handled, coarsely chop them.
- In a blender, combine the jalapeño, lime juice, half the cilantro, and half the cumin until smooth. In a bowl, combine the chopped vegetables, tomatoes, cumin, remaining cilantro, and olive oil. Stir in the blended jalapeno mixture, and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.