- SERVINGS: 6
Surprisingly, lettuce is fabulous grilled! If you're bored with the same old salads, try this one; it's really special and different.
Adapted from Giada's Family Dinners book, by Giada De Laurentiis.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 heads Belgian endive, halved lengthwise
- 1 large head radicchio, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 head romaine lettuce, quartered
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for moderately high heat or preheat a ridged grill pan over moderately high heat. Brush 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over the endives, radicchio and romaine, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the lettuces, turning occasionally, until they are crisp-tender and browned in spots, about 6 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the lettuces. In a large bowl, toss the lettuces with the vinegar and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.