Crispy Potato Galette with Dill Cream, Smoked Salmon and Sturgeon and Osetra Caviar
- SERVINGS: 4-6
- 3 potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1/2 pound clarified butter
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound smoked sturgeon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 3 shallots, minced
- 5 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 3 ounces caviar
- Toss grated potatoes in 1/4 pound clarified butter. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat 2 non-stick sauté pans over high heat until nearly smoking. Divide remaining butter between two pans. Add the potatoes evenly to each pan, and shape them into thick pancakes. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then reduce heat. Sauté until almost golden brown. Use a spatula to check the underside of the pancake, turn over and cook other side until golden. Remove galettes from pans and warm in a 425°. oven for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together shallots, dill, crème fraîche or sour cream, juice of 1/2 lemon and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Remove galettes from oven while still warm. Spread with dill cream and cover with slices of smoked salmon and sturgeon. Lightly brush the salmon and sturgeon with olive oil, then sprinkle with black pepper and remaining lemon juice.
- Cut galettes into desired portions and garnish with caviar and chopped chives. Serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.