- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup hulled strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry liqueur or kirsch
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 recipe Dessert Crêpes, or 6 store-bought crepes, defrosted if frozen
- 1/2 cup Warm Chocolate Sauce
- Heat a large skillet over moderately high heat. Add the butter, swirling the pan until melted. Add the strawberries and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the sugar and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture is foamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add the strawberry liqueur and the brandy, and return the skillet to the heat, tilting the pan towards the flame to ignite. (Or, off the heat, carefully ignite the pan with a match and return to the heat.) Gently shake the pan back and forth, basting the strawberries, until the flame dies.
- Add the crêpes to the pan, 1 at a time, using a fork to fold each crêpe into quarters. After all of the crêpes have been added, swirl them in the sauce to heat through and coat.
- To serve, arrange 3 crêpes on each plate and spoon strawberry sauce over the top. Drizzle each serving with chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
Contributed By Emeril Lagasse Photo Published