- 1 basil sprig, leaves only
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch arugula, stems removed
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the arugula and basil to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the arugula and basil and refresh under cold water and then press out as much liquid as possible. Transfer to a food processor with the remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and press a piece of plastic wrap against the surface.
Make Ahead The pesto can be made up to a day ahead and kept tightly covered in the refrigerator. Stir the pesto and bring it to room temperature before using.