- Seedless watermelon, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 8 plum tomatoes, with the seeds, prepared as "fillets"
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Sea salt
- Fresh herbs or herb flowers (such as lavender or borage), for garnish
How to make this recipe
On bamboo skewers, alternate the watermelon cubes and tomato-seed fillets. In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with the oil, vinegar and half of the lemon zest to make the dressing. Arrange the skewers on a serving plate and pour the dressing on top. Sprinkle with sea salt, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest and the herb flowers. Serve immediately.
José's tips: Ideally, you should use a microplane for zesting the lemon. If you don't have a microplane, use a very fine grater. Also, if you want to save time, you can use cherry tomatoes instead of the tomatoes with seeds.