- Grapeseed or canola oil for cooking
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 6 cups cooked long grain rice, preferably day–old so it's nice and dry (in a rush, place cooked rice on a sheet tray and place in freezer to cool and dry)
- 1 cup Sweet and Sour Cranberry Chutney, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1 tablespoon naturally brewed soy sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok (preferably nonstick) or sauté pan coated well with oil, over high heat, add the eggs (they should puff up immediately), stir quickly and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Return the wok to high heat and add the pork. Break it up and cook until browned, then add the scallion whites and mix. Add the rice, 1 cup of Cranberry Chutney, soy sauce and eggs. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve in a large bowl and garnish with scallion greens and additional chutney.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.