- Grapeseed or canola oil
- 2 red onions, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass (white part only)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups dried cranberries, such as Craisins, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups naturally brewed rice vinegar
- In a sauté pan coated lightly with oil, sauté the onions and lemongrass over high heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cranberries and sugar and deglaze with the rice vinegar. Reduce by 75 percent, or until the liquid is absorbed. Check again for seasoning. When cool, transfer to a container, cover, and store in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.