Moroccan Sweet And Hot-Pepper Tomato Relish
- 3 ripe medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 large red peppers, roasted, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon harissa or a large pinch of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices on the diagonal
- In a skillet, cook the tomatoes over high heat until thickened, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the tomato sauce to a bowl. Add the roasted peppers, garlic, cumin, harissa, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with baguette slices.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.