- 3 ripe medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 large red peppers, roasted, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon harissa or a large pinch of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 baguette, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices on the diagonal
- In a skillet, cook the tomatoes over high heat until thickened, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the tomato sauce to a bowl. Add the roasted peppers, garlic, cumin, harissa, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with baguette slices.
Make AheadThis can be made one day in advance. However, do not add the garlic until ready to serve.