Hot Spiced Cheese Spread "Goreme"
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1-1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 10 ounces feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Black olives
- Pita bread
- Mix the yogurt with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Spoon the yogurt into a cheesecloth-lined strainer set over a bowl and let drain for 2 hours.
- In a bowl, mash the yogurt with the feta until smooth. Add the garlic, cayenne, paprika, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and black pepper and mix well. Alternatively, puree in a food processor or blender.
- To serve, spread the cheese on a serving plate. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garnish with olives. Serve with warm pita bread.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.