Charred Serrano-Basil Vinaigrette
- 2 Serrano chiles, grilled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
Grilled Sea Bass
- 4 whole sea bass (1 pound each), scaled and gutted, head and tail intact
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- MAKE THE GRILLED SEA BASS Combine the Serranos, onion, garlic, mustard, vinegars, salt and pepper in a blender and mix well. With the motor running, slowly add the oil and blend until emulsified. Pour into a bowl and stir in the chopped basil.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Brush both sides of each fish with the oil and season with the salt and pepper, including the cavities. Stuff the cavity of each fish with some of the basil. Grill fish until slightly charred on one side, 4 to 5 minutes. Using a heavy-duty spatula, carefully turn the fish over, close the cover and continue grilling until the fish is just cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the grill and immediately drizzle fish with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.