Crispy Pita Chips With Za'atar
- SERVINGS: Makes 4 Dozen Chips
- Three 8-inch pita breads
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground sumac
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375°. With a knife, trim the edges from the pita bread to form rounds. Cut each round into 8 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. In a bowl, combine the salt, pepper, thyme, parsley, shallot, sumac and sesame seeds. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the pita chips. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.