- SERVINGS: Makes 10 to 12 Rangoons
- 1 pound picked, fresh crabmeat (snow, blue)
- 1/4 pound cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sweet and Sour Cranberry Chutney, plus some for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package thin square wonton skins, defrosted
- 1 egg mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Grapeseed or canola oil, for cooking
- In a large bowl, mix the crab, cream cheese, Cranberry Chutney and 3 tablespoons of the chives. Season with salt and pepper. Lay out 4 to 6 wonton skins, lightly brush the edges with egg wash and place a small mound of the crabmeat mixture in the middle. Top with second wonton skin and press firmly to seal. This is very important so the rangoons do not burst and leak. Repeat until the filling is gone. Heat a large sauté pan coated with 1/4 inch of oil over medium to high heat. Add as many rangoons as will fit in the pan in one layer. Shallow-fry until golden brown, flip and fry the other side until golden brown. Transfer rangoons to a plate lined with paper towels. Place a small mound of chutney on a plate, surround with 3 rangoons, garnish with the remaining chives and serve hot.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.