- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 4 tablespoons
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Basic Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2-1/2 pounds calamari, cleaned, bodies cut into 1/4-inch thick rings, tentacles left whole
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- In a cold 6-quart saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of the oil with the garlic and pepper flakes and cook over moderate heat for 2 minutes, until light golden brown. Add the tomato sauce and the wine and bring to a boil. Add the calamari, mix well, reduce the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Adjust the seasoning, stir in the vinegar, parsley and remaining oil and serve, or let cool and serve at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.