- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tomato—halved, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 ear of corn, husked
- 1 scallion, finely chopped, or 3 tablespoons diced sweet onion
- 1 to 2 jalapeño or Serrano chiles, seeded and minced (for a spicier salsa leave the seeds in)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, toss the avocado and tomato with 2 tablespoons of the lime juice.
Cut the kernels off the corn. The easiest way to do this is to lay the cobs flat on a cutting board. Remove the kernels by slicing lengthwise with a chef's knife. Add the corn to the avocado and tomato.
Just before serving, add the chiles and cilantro to the salsa and toss gently. Season with salt, pepper and additional lime juice if needed; the salsa should be highly seasoned.
The salsa can be prepared through Step 2 several hours ahead.