- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tomato—halved, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 ear of corn, husked
- 1 scallion, finely chopped, or 3 tablespoons diced sweet onion
- 1 to 2 jalapeño or Serrano chiles, seeded and minced (for a spicier salsa leave the seeds in)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, toss the avocado and tomato with 2 tablespoons of the lime juice.
- Cut the kernels off the corn. The easiest way to do this is to lay the cobs flat on a cutting board. Remove the kernels by slicing lengthwise with a chef's knife. Add the corn to the avocado and tomato.
- Just before serving, add the chiles and cilantro to the salsa and toss gently. Season with salt, pepper and additional lime juice if needed; the salsa should be highly seasoned.
Make AheadThe salsa can be prepared through Step 2 several hours ahead.