- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 star anise pod
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover with plastic wrap and set aside to infuse for 10 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree. Strain the sauce and refrigerate for up to 3 days before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.