- 1 or 2 whole dried red chiles
- 1/2 pound fresh Pecorino di Pienza, fresh Pecorino Toscano or Cacio di Roma, sliced into four 2 oz. slices, 4 to 5 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick
- Approximately 2 tablespoons chestnut, buckwheat or corbezzola honey
- Fleur de sel or kosher salt
- Break the end off the chile and pour out the seeds; reserve the rest of the chile for another use. Place a slice of cheese in each baking dish. Drizzle with a teaspoon or so of honey over each slice of cheese and sprinkle 8 to 10 chile seeds and a pinch of fleur de sel over each. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes, removing the dishes from the oven the moment the cheese begins to bubble, before it begins to brown. Eat right out of the dish while creamy and piping hot.