- 3 New Mexican red chiles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Coco Lopez
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 3/4 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
How to make this recipe
- PREPARE THE CHICKEN Heat the grill to high. Place the chiles on the grill and toast on each side for 20 seconds. Remove chiles from the grill and remove the stems. Coarsely chop the chiles and set aside.
- PREPARE THE CHICKEN Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the turmeric and cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, Coco Lopez and chiles and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer the mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth. Add the lime and honey and blend again. Season with salt and pepper and strain the vinaigrette into a bowl.
- PREPARE THE CHICKEN Brush the chicken breasts with oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper. Grill the breasts for 4 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Combine the peanuts and cilantro in a bowl, sprinkle over the chicken and serve.