- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 cup pure olive oil
- 1/2 fresh habañero or Scotch Bonnet chile, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 16 prawns, heads and shell on
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
How to make this recipe
- Place garlic and olive oil in a small saucepan, cook over low heat until lightly golden brown. Remove the garlic from the oil and place in a blender. Reserve the oil and let cool slightly.
- Add the habañero, lime juice, water and honey to the garlic in the blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add 1/2 cup of the garlic-infused oil and blend until emulsified. Add the cilantro and blend for 5 seconds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the prawns. Heat the grill to high. Brush the prawns with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the prawns for 2 to 3 minutes per side until slightly charred and crusty and just cooked through. Remove the prawns to a platter and immediately drizzle with the vinaigrette and sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.