Eggs in Brodetto (Uova in Brodetto)
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1/4 cup light red wine or white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 whole sprig parsley, plus 1 sprig, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 3 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, 1 sprig of parsley and the garlic and cook, stirring, until the onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and let it evaporate completely. Add the tomatoes and their juices and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook until slightly reduced, about 10 minutes. Remove the garlic and parsley sprig.
- Add the chopped parsley and basil to the sauce. Break the eggs into the sauce, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, let sit for 5 minutes, then serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.