- 3/4 cup minced white onion
- 4 ripe medium plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed olives, finely chopped
- 1-2 fresh jalapeños, minced
- 3 1/2 cups fresh crab (if possible a mixture of jaiba and cangrejo species), picked over
- Juice of 6 to 8 limes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 tortillas
- Extra-virgin olive oil
How to make this recipe
In a glass bowl, combine the onion, tomatoes, olives, jalapeños and crabmeat. Add the lime juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Marinate the seafood cocktail in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
Combine the water and salt and use a pastry brush to dampen the surface of the tortillas. Preheat a comal or griddle and toast the tortillas on both sides, until crisp. (Another option is to cut the tortillas into wedges and fry them).
Spoon the seafood cocktail into individual tequila shot glasses and arrange on a serving platter or a serving board. Drizzle a little extra-virgin olive oil over each shot glass cocktail and serve the tortillas on the side.