Churrasco with Three-Herb Chimichurri
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- Coarse salt (kosher or sea) and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/2 pounds center-cut beef tenderloin in one piece or 3 large pork tenderloins
- Prepare the chimichurri, combine the herbs and garlic in a food processor and finely chop. Add the oil, vinegar, water, hot pepper flakes and salt and pepper and process until a thick sauce forms; the chimichurri should be highly seasoned. Pour one fourth of the chimichurri into a baking dish just large enough to hold the meat.
- Holding the knife parallel to the cutting board, cut the tenderloin lengthwise into 4 flat, even slices. Place each slice between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to a thickness of 1/4-inch. Arrange the steaks on top of the chimichurri in the baking dish. Pour another quarter of the chimichurri on top. Marinate the meat for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Set up the grill for direct grilling and preheat to high. Arrange the beef slices on the grate on the diagonal and grill until cooked to taste, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare, rotating the slices 90 degrees after 1 minute to create crosshatched grill marks. Transfer the churrasco to plates or a platter and serve the remaining chimichurri sauce on the side.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.