- 8 slices country-style bread, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 4 garlic cloves, cut in half (optional)
- 4 very ripe tomatoes cut in half
- Extra-virgin olive oil (preferably Spanish)
- Coarse sea salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Grill the bread slices until crisp and nicely browned, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Provide each diner with half a tomato and half a garlic clove.
- Rub a bread slice with the cut garlic, then with the cut tomato; the idea is to apply a thin film of tomato on the bread. Drizzle each slice with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and eat at once.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.