- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup oil, half vegetable oil and half olive or walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (3 3/4 ounces) smoked oysters (about 14 oysters)
- Whole cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Toast triangles or melba toasts
- Put the beans in the bowl of a food processor with the garlic. Process until the garlic is finely chopped and the mixture is smooth. Add the oil, vinegar, Tabasco and salt, and process for 5 to 10 seconds to blend. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the chopped cilantro. Cover and refrigerate.
- At serving time, spoon about 1/3 cup of the hummus into the center of each of 6 plates and spread it out. Mound a generous spoonful of sour cream in the center of the hummus on each plate and top with 2 or 3 oysters. Sprinkle with the cilantro leaves. Serve the toasts alongside.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.