- 1 cup corn oil
- 18 very thin tortillas, 2 1/23 inches in diameter
- 2/3 cup butter, at room temperature
- 4 1/2 tablespoons canned chipotle chiles, pureed
- 1 teaspoon Cholula sauce (hot sauce)
- 18 medium shrimpshelled, deveined and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ripe medium avocados, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo salsa
- Heat the corn oil in a medium frying pan. Season with salt and fry the tortillas, turning once, until golden brown and crisp. Drain the tortillas on paper towels.
- Beat the butter with the pureed chipotle chiles and Cholula sauce until smooth. Season with salt.
- Spread almost all of the prepared chipotle butter over the shrimp.
- Heat a frying pan. Add the olive oil and the remaining chipotle butter and sauté the shrimp, turning to cook them evenly. Season with salt. Thinly slice the shrimp on the diagonal.
- Arrange 6 thin overlapping slices of avocado on each tostada (fried tortilla). Arrange sliced shrimp on top of the avocado. Drizzle with chipotle butter from the frying pan and garnish with a small spoonful of the Pico de Gallo salsa. Sprinkle lightly with salt and serve.
Contributed By Patricia Quintana Photo Published