- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 artichokes, halved and trimmed of coarse outer leaves, choke removed, held in acidulated water*
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup boiling water
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, mint, garlic, salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil. In the cavity of each artichoke half, where the choke was, place 1 teaspoon of the herb mixture. Arrange all of the artichokes in a deep pan in which they fit snugly. Add the wine, boiling water, the remaining 3/4 cup of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Cover and simmer on the stove for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Add a few drops of lemon juice or neutral vinegar to water.