- 1 pound ripe tomatoes (2 or 3 tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded basil leaves
- 1 pound penne or bow tie pasta
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano
How to make this recipe
Cut the tomatoes in half crosswise, parallel to the stems and gently press the seeds out. Cut the flesh into 1/2-inch pieces and put them in a bowl large enough to hold the finished dish. Add the remainder of the salad ingredients and toss well.
Bring 8 cups of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, stir well, bring back to a boil and boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. Drain in a colander and add immediately to the tomato salad. Toss thoroughly and divide the pasta among four soup plates. Sprinkle generously with the Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.