- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 elephant garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the potatoes, milk, cream, garlic and thyme in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Transfer the potatoes to a medium bowl and mash with a fork, adding the nutmeg, olive oil, butter and Parmesan. Add about half of the reserved cooking liquid, mixing well, then add additional cooking liquid if necessary until the potatoes are the consistency you like. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.