- 10 pounds fish bones (sea bass, red snapper or similar types work well)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 cups white wine
- Sauté the fish bones in butter for 5 minutes. Place in a large pot with the vegetables and the wine. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes, skimming away any impurities that rise to the top. Strain through a cheesecloth and reduce to about 1 1/2 quarts.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.