- 2 garlic cloves
- One 28-ounce can or two 14-ounce cans of hearts of palm, drained
- 1/ 3 cup extra virgin olive oil, or as needed
- 1/ 2 cup whites of scallions, finely chopped
- Dash of salt (optional)
- Process the garlic to a paste in a food processor. Add the hearts of palm and process to a course purée. With the machine on, add the oil in a thin stream until you see the mixture coming together as a velvety purée. The absorbency of palm hearts can vary; any one batch may absorb a bit less or more than 1/3 cup of oil.
- Transfer the purée to a serving bowl and stir in the scallions. Taste for salt. Serve within a few hours.
Contributed By Zarela Martinez Photo Published