- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- Juice from two limes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot,chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chorizo sausages, chopped
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 cups of Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
SHRIMP AND GARNISH
- 8 shrimp, peeled, butterflied and pounded to an even thickness
- Chopped celery leaves, mint, cilantro and chives
- Salmon roe
- In a bowl, mix the chopped tomatoes with the lime juice, olive oil, sherry vinegar, basil and soy sauce.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the shallot and garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened. Add the chorizo and basil and cook until golden. Stir in the Garlic Mashed Potatoes, butter and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the curry powder and whisk until combined. Remove from the heat and let cool in the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Fill each pounded shrimp with 1/2 tablespoon of the stuffing. Reserve the remaining stuffing for another use. Arrange the shrimp in a baking dish. Bake the shrimp for about 3 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to plates, drizzle with the Tomato Vinaigrette, top with the garnishes and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.