Crab and Mango Cucumber Cones
- SERVINGS: 10 TO 12
- 6 small cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 12 ounces crab meat
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into small dice
- Freshly squeezed juice of 2 limes or 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted peanuts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 mint sprigs, leaves only
- 3 cilantro sprigs, leaves only
- Cut each piece of cucumber in half on the diagonal. Using a melon baller or a small spoon, make a small cavity by scooping out and discarding the seeds from each cucumber piece. Cover the cucumbers with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Combine the crab, mango, lime juice, oil and half of the peanuts in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Season each cucumber cone with salt and pepper. Fill each cone with the crab-mango salad. (Cover and refrigerate until needed, if not serving right away). Garnish each cone with a mint leaf and a cilantro leaf and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.