- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 8 mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted buttter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream for serving
- 4 bowls or martini glasses
- Using a pointed chopstick or metal skewer, make a starter hole in the center of each piece of the pineapple. Skewer 2 pineapple chunks on each cinnamon stick, with a mint leaf between them.
- Prepare the glaze. Combine the butter, sugar, bourbon, ground cinnamon, cloves and salt in a saucepan and boil until thick and syrupy, 5 minutes.
- Set up your grill for direct grilling and preheat to high. Clean and oil the grill grate.
- Grill the pineapple until nicely browned on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side, basting with the bourbon glaze. Serve at once, spooning any excess glaze over the pineapple.
- Scoop the ice cream into the bowls or martini glasses. Place 2 pineapple kebabs in each, garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
Contributed By Steven Raichlen Photo Published