- 1 cup root beer (reserved from Root Beer Game Hens)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon each powdered ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a heavy non-reactive saucepan and gradually bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat slightly and gently simmer the sauce until thick and richly flavored, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning, adding lemon juice, brown sugar, or other ingredients as necessary. Transfer the sauce to a bowl or clean glass jars and let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve. The sauce can be served chilled or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.