- Juice of 1 pound of lemons plus 1 pound of lemons, scrubbed
- 3 cups kosher salt
- Tightly Sealed Bucket/Jar
How to make this recipe
- Make 2 perpendicular slices halfway down the long plane of each lemon so that it is partially quartered but still intact.
- Salt each lemon liberally and place in a bucket, layering salt and lemons and packing them in tightly so that each lemon is in complete contact with salt. Cover the top with salt and pour the lemon juice into the bucket.
- Cover tightly and store for one month, flipping the bucket every week or so to ensure an even cure.