Delicious, Quick Side Dishes
- 2 bunches basil, leaves only, washed
- 1/2 clove garlic, peeled and germ removed
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts, very lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Plunge the basil into the boiling water and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain the leaves and refresh under cold water. Let cool. Drain, then squeeze the leaves free of excess moisture.
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover, pressing a piece of plastic wrap against the surface, and set aside until needed.